There are many components to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Yoga is a great option for those who want a peaceful alternative to a noisy gym. Yoga allows you to relax your mind and improve your fitness at the same time. There are many health benefits of yoga that are often overlooked when choosing an exercise routine.
As the days get shorter and the weather gets chilly, staying in shape can become more of a challenge. Fewer hours of sunlight means we are more likely to stay indoors rather than take that brisk walk that we may have enjoyed during the summer months. The colder weather also slows our metabolism which also can cause weight gain if we don’t stay active.
There are thousands of different brands, models, styles, colors of running shoes to choose from these days. So how do you decide which one is best for you? The good news is that shoe developers have now created running shoes for all shapes, sizes, and strides. There are a number of factors that depict which shoe is the best fit for you.
Understanding the Outpatient Orthopedic Physical Therapy Marketplace by, David Mesnick, PT, OCS, cMDT
As patient financial responsibility continues to rise, now more than ever consumers in the health care market are looking for the best value for their dollars spent on physical therapy.
Outpatient orthopedic physical therapy is a sub-specialty within the profession that also includes care for pediatrics,
At any given time, more than 30 million Americans experience lower-back pain, according to the American Chiropractic Association. Back pain is also one of the most common reasons people miss work, and it’s the second most common cause for doctor’s office visits, the ACA reports. Poor posture, weak back muscles and a sedentary lifestyle are major contributors to back pain.
- It is important to Pre screen with a Physical Therapist, running coach, or Sports Medicine Doctor before running.
- Saucony Triumph and Guide are good neutral shoes
- Visit: www.runningwarehouse.com shoes are sorted by foot type
- Always stretch before you run
- Cross train with 1-2 days of core stabilization
- Never run through pain
- Running cadence should be ~165-180 (180 strikes per minute is optimal)
- If your cadence is less than 160 you are over striding and risk LE overuse injuries
- To calculate cadence count how many times your left foot hits the ground in 30 seconds and multiply by 2.
In an effort to promote wellness we have compiled a list of the best shoes of 2016. Below you will find David’s best shoe selections for 2016.
Asics – Gel Nimbus, Cumulus, Kayano
Brooks – Ghost, Glycerin
Saucony – Ride
Addidas – Boost (three models of Boost but all are good)