Excerpts from: Running with stability workshop at Taylor Brawner Park in Smyrna
- It is important to Pre screen with a Physical Therapist, running coach, or Sports Medicine Doctor before running.
- Saucony Triumph and Guide are good neutral shoes
- Visit: www.runningwarehouse.com shoes are sorted by foot type
- Always stretch before you run
- Cross train with 1-2 days of core stabilization
- Never run through pain
- Running cadence should be ~165-180 (180 strikes per minute is optimal)
- If your cadence is less than 160 you are over striding and risk LE overuse injuries
- To calculate cadence count how many times your left foot hits the ground in 30 seconds and multiply by 2.