Running is an enjoyable form of exercise that can help with cardiovascular health and general well being. Beginners often initiate a program because it is a low cost form of exercise that can be performed outdoors or on a treadmill. More advanced runners often compete in 5k’s, half marathons, and marathons which requires more intense training.
- It is important to Pre screen with a Physical Therapist, running coach, or Sports Medicine Doctor before running.
- Saucony Triumph and Guide are good neutral shoes
- Visit: www.runningwarehouse.com shoes are sorted by foot type
- Always stretch before you run
- Cross train with 1-2 days of core stabilization
- Never run through pain
- Running cadence should be ~165-180 (180 strikes per minute is optimal)
- If your cadence is less than 160 you are over striding and risk LE overuse injuries
- To calculate cadence count how many times your left foot hits the ground in 30 seconds and multiply by 2.
In an effort to promote wellness we have compiled a list of the best shoes of 2016. Below you will find David’s best shoe selections for 2016.
Asics – Gel Nimbus, Cumulus, Kayano
Brooks – Ghost, Glycerin
Saucony – Ride
Addidas – Boost (three models of Boost but all are good)