Warm weather is on its way across the country — really, it is, I promise— and so are spring marathons, meaning that many people soon will begin a new or augmented running program. Many also will wind up sidelined by injury. But a new study suggests that being light on your feet could keep most runners healthy.
Understanding the Outpatient Orthopedic Physical Therapy Marketplace by, David Mesnick, PT, OCS, cMDT
As patient financial responsibility continues to rise, now more than ever consumers in the health care market are looking for the best value for their dollars spent on physical therapy.
Outpatient orthopedic physical therapy is a sub-specialty within the profession that also includes care for pediatrics,
We are happy to announce PT360 has partnered with one of Atlanta’s best personal trainers, Charlie Morris of Morris Fitness in Alpharetta, GA. To learn more call 770-751-9777 or click to visit Independent Personal Training Studio.
Two of our instructors David Mesnick and Justin Thomas are taking a continuing education course this weekend through KinetaCore. The course is “Functional Dry Needling” level 2 of 3. We highly recommend KinetaCore for your dry needling courses!
At any given time, more than 30 million Americans experience lower-back pain, according to the American Chiropractic Association. Back pain is also one of the most common reasons people miss work, and it’s the second most common cause for doctor’s office visits, the ACA reports. Poor posture, weak back muscles and a sedentary lifestyle are major contributors to back pain.
- It is important to Pre screen with a Physical Therapist, running coach, or Sports Medicine Doctor before running.
- Saucony Triumph and Guide are good neutral shoes
- Visit: www.runningwarehouse.com shoes are sorted by foot type
- Always stretch before you run
- Cross train with 1-2 days of core stabilization
- Never run through pain
- Running cadence should be ~165-180 (180 strikes per minute is optimal)
- If your cadence is less than 160 you are over striding and risk LE overuse injuries
- To calculate cadence count how many times your left foot hits the ground in 30 seconds and multiply by 2.
In an effort to promote wellness we have compiled a list of the best shoes of 2016. Below you will find David’s best shoe selections for 2016.
Asics – Gel Nimbus, Cumulus, Kayano
Brooks – Ghost, Glycerin
Saucony – Ride
Addidas – Boost (three models of Boost but all are good)